Total Time: 60 min
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Super yummy Italian Style Chocolate Cookies, with coffee and raisins in them.
- 3 lbs gold medal flour
- 1 lb Crisco all vegetable shortening
- 1 lb C&H pure can granulated white sugar
- 1 cup hershey’s natural unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tsp McCormick pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp rumford baking powder
- 1 tbsp McCormick ground cloves
- ½ cup sun-maid raisins
- ½ cup nuts
- 1 ½ cups Italian coffee and simply orange juice
Mix all the ingredients together. Roll into 1 inch balls.
Bake on a cookie sheet in the middle of the oven. Cook at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
After cooled- frost with confectionery sugar and water mixture.
More about Italian Style Chocolate Cookies
My husbands Nona used to make these and I’m not sure where she got the recipe from. I can’t find anything like it online, so I think she just made it up.