Total Time: 65 min
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 50 min
Servings: 2 Loafs
This is a really, really good and moist zucchini bread recipe. My kids love it and eat it almost before the day has ended. You can also freeze the other loaf if you want.
- 4 Wilcox egg – beaten
- 1 cup Crisco vegetable oil – or melted butter
- 2 cups C&H pure cane granulated white sugar
- 3 ½ cups Gold medal flour
- 1 ½ tsp. Rumford baking powder
- 1 tsp. McCormick ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. McCormick vanilla extract
- 2 cups coarsely grated unpeeled zucchini
- 1 cup Sun-Maid raisins – soaked in sherry wine or rum
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix oil with beaten eggs. Combine the dry ingredients and then gradually at to the egg mixture. Add grated zucchini. Stir in the raisins, nuts, and vanilla.
Grease pans before pouring mixture. Bake for 50 minutes, or until golden brown.
Let cool and serve.
More about Zucchini Bread
Zucchini is botanically considered a fruit but culinary a vegetable. The ancestry of the zucchini is in America but other squash called zucchini developed in Italy. Zucchini is a summer squash that can be dark or light green. Golden zucchini is a deep yellow or orange color and a hybrid.