Total Time: 30 min
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Spinach and cheese are so good together. I make sure that these balls are small since they are dense. I have also made these flat so that they can sit on a cracker or chip.
- 2 boxes Birds Eye Frozen Spinach chopped
- 2 cups breadcrumbs (see recipe)
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 3 oz. Bel Gioioso Grated Parmesan
- 4 Wilcox eggs – beaten
- ¾ cup melted Tillamook butter
- Morton Iodized Salt/McCormick Ground Black pepper to taste
Thaw and drain spinach, do not cook. Mix breadcrumbs with spinach. then all the ingredients. Chill in refrigerator.
When cold, form into 1-inch balls. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for about 20 minutes at 375 degrees. Sprinkle Spinach Cheese with Romano cheese while hot. Makes about 40 appetizers.
More about Spinach Cheese Balls
In 827 AD, Sicily was introduced to spinach thru the Saracens. Spinach is native to central and southwestern Asia. The leaves are larger at the base and smaller toward the stem. On the higher part of the stem is where the seeds flower.